Santosha – To Be Content
Seeking to take responsibility for your physical and mental wellbeing?
Discover how yoga can make a positive impact on your life.
Classes to suit all levels and abilities. Whether stepping on the mat for the first time or more experienced, looking to become more grounded to deal with the day to day with greater ease or a seasoned athlete seeking injury prevention and heightened performance.
With 9 Yoga Classes per week between Glanmire and Watergrasshill discover your practice at a time that works best for you.
What is yoga?
Yoga, which means “union” or “harmony,” is both a philosophical system and science whose goal is the attainment of self-awareness.
With its beginnings enshrouded in the prehistory of India, evidence of yoga practices has been found in the Indus Valley civilization of 2,000-4,000 B.C.E. Although ancient, yoga is not outdated. It has value for the modern world. Hatha yoga offers us the opportunity to deepen our self-understanding through physical movement, breathing, and meditation.
There are many different styles of yoga. Some styles are fast-paced and vigorous while others are very gentle and slow-moving. All of the styles of yoga have benefits, so evaluating your individual needs and personality type will help point you in the right direction.
Below are just some of the benefits of yoga:
- Brings balance and harmony to the body, mind, and spirit.
- Helps with strength, flexibility range of motion and balance
- Calms the mind, reduces stress and anxiety
- Revitalizes the body and mind
- Slows heart rate
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases circulation
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Helps to detoxify the system
- Improves the function of internal organs
- Balances muscular system
- Increases metabolism and energy
- Can help reduce depression, stress, and insomnia